Monday 20 October 2014

PUERTO VALLARTA, Mexico

Monday, Sept. 29:  Puerto Vallarta:  




Taxis are cheap here, but we had a real adventure because Nestor took us to the Old City on a public bus!  30 pesos for 4 passengers J

 The walk along the Malecon makes PV a very special place. 





 I loved the public sculptures:






A Mexican street vendor urged Bryan and me to sit down and watch the pole spinners with him.  So we did.  And paid.


These dance performers invited me to take a picture with them.  So I did.  And paid.

Hey, if you think I’m complaining, I’m not.  Everyone has to make a living.



The crown at the top of Nuestra Senora de Guadalupe Church is held in place by angels –  the crown is a replica of the one worn by the ill-fated Empress Carlota.

An old woman was selling dolls outside the cathedral and she would not bargain!  “I made these, madam,” she said.  “70 pesos for the smallest, 80 for the next size, and 200 for this one.”

We crossed onto the Isla but it was too hot and humid to shop.

When we got back to the ship, a grumpy man in the elevator exclaimed, “As far as I’m concerned, the Mexicans can keep their heat.”



No comments:

Post a Comment