Saturday 25 October 2014

A World War II SUBMARINE and SAN FRANCISCO



                              The San Francisco Diana and I saw in 1975 . . .

street entertainers 

 
  a picnic with pink champagne on the beach

  the Redwood forest

San Francisco Tuesday, Sept. 23, 2014:

                                            the famous Boudin Bakery & Cafe 

Pier 39:  Sea Lions! Arr!  Arr, Arr!

World War II Submarine:  the Pampanito

torpedo doors and crew bunks  (82 men)

 
CO's quarters


Galley


Officer's Mess


Officers' Coffee Galley (next to Ops room: well, I don't remember what the red-lighted room was actually called)
The periscope room was off limits.
  
So cool to tour the submarine without any real time pressure.  Even though we had to sort of keep moving because there was a small group of Japanese tourists behind us,  we could have gone through it as many times as we liked.

Now I want to return to some of the old submarine movies.  I loved Run Silent, Run Deep when I was a kid and Das Boot when I was older.

Enough Sightseeing:  TIME to RELAX!

 Ghirardelli Chocolate being made!

Classic Ghirardelli Cocoa:  Mmmm, mm!


  

No comments:

Post a Comment