Already, Bryan and I have been out looking at new camping equipment . . . and I am ALWAYS looking for recipes that will work at a campsite.
HAPPY HOUR TOMATOES & OLIVES
2 cups cherry tomatoes
1 cup Kalamata olives
2 tbsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves
¼ tsp crushed chilies (hot red pepper flakes)
½ tbsp chopped fresh herbs: choose from thyme, rosemary, or
1 tsp dried oregano
1. Cut tomatoes in half and put in small pyrex dish that has a lid.
2. Remove pits from olives and add to tomatoes.
3. Zest the lemon and add to tomatoes. (Or you can thinly peel the lemon and chop the peel finely.)
4. Mince the garlic and add.
5. Sprinkle on the chili flakes and herbs.
6. Stir all with the olive oil.
7. Cover and let marinate at room temperature for several hours.
· Thank you CHATELAINE MAGAZINE, Aug 2000.
P.S. If Vesper isn’t dreaming about camping, she soon will be :)