Peekaboo! I hope you have a wonderful day, Madison.
Here’s a picture of your mom, Nannetta, when she was a little girl!
Since your mom is a busy, working mom, here’s a recipe that's quick, easy, and delicious:
BEST ORANGE CAKE EVER
from The New Purity Cookbook: the Complete Guide to Canadian Cooking
1 ½ cups flour
3 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 cup sugar
½ cup softened butter
2/3 cup milk
3 tbsp frozen concentrated orange juice: thawed
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Grease an 8 or 9 inch square pan.
3. Mix together flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
4. Add butter and milk. Beat for one minute with mixer.
5. Add concentrated orange juice and eggs. Beat 2 minutes.
6. Turn into pan and bake for 35 minutes.
7. Meanwhile prepare topping:
½ cup packed brown sugar
2 tbsp flour
¼ cup melted butter
1 tbsp orange concentrate: thawed
½ cup chopped walnuts
8. When cake is done, turn broiler on to preheat and move oven rack higher.
9. Spread topping on hot cake.
10. Broil 2 to 3 minutes. Watch so it doesn’t burn.
11. Serve hot for extra yumminess. It’s very good cold, too, but I do like to warm it for a few seconds in the microwave.
P.S. Your uncle Doug liked this cake, Madison. So does your Great-Uncle Bryan.