Friday 13 January 2017

Rainy day in PALM SPRINGS and 250 Best Cobblers, Custards, . . .


There are lovely hummingbirds here.  A couple of times, a hummingbird flew right up to about a foot from my face and its head was a shimmery, pyschedelic purple.


                                                          ******

About Restaurants:   DON’T MISS:

Pueblo Viejo in University Village Mall:  Mexican:  I loved the shrimp fajitas:  the shrimp arrived on a sizzling hot iron platter!



John Henry's Place: The Cajun Blackened Catfish  and the perfectly cooked vegetables were wonderful, but I asked to go back so I could have some lobster ravioli all to myself!  

Manhattan restaurant:  I loved the hot pastrami sandwich and the blinzes. 

*******
  
Sherman’s:  the staff have all begun to recognize us because we've gone there every morning for breakfast.  Do try their Linzer Cookie and their Florentine cookie.

                                                *************

Soon, I’ll have to do my own baking again, and this will be one of my go-to cookbooks:

 by Esther Brody: 250 BEST COBBLERS, CUSTARDS, CUPCAKES, BREAD PUDDINGS & MORE



page 45:  Crisp:  Excellent!

                                                                            page 74:  Blueberry Scones

*Fresh Blueberry Cobbler :  for recipe see my post:  http://eleanorstadnyk.blogspot.com/2016/12/amazing-anastasia-in-her-eighties-and.html

No comments:

Post a Comment