My nephew Clayton
Clayton, Sabrina, and Chay
Now, my breakfast choice for my nephew Clayton and his family . . .
Another of my family’s favourites:
SWEET POTATO WAFFLES from The Victory Garden Cookbook by Marian Morash
¼ cup butter
1 ½ cups flour
3 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp nutmeg
1 cup milk
1 cup mashed baked sweet potato
1. To bake the sweet potato, preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prick the potato and bake for 50 minutes. Test with a fork to see if it is tender. If not, bake longer – it might take 15 more minutes.
2. Mash or rice the sweet potato and measure 1 cup.
3. Melt butter and set aside.
4. Mix together flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg.
5. Beat eggs.
6. Preheat waffle iron.
7. Combine eggs with milk, butter, and sweet potato.
8. Combine all ingredients.
9. Brush waffle iron with a little oil and cook the waffles.
Serve with maple syrup.