What are a few of the things Kepler can look forward to?
His dad’s music
Playing with Maybelle
His mom’s Korean soups
His grandma’s retro puddings for breakfast
CHOCOLATE MINUTE TAPIOCA
from: Better Homes and Gardens New Cookbook, (Nicole found this cookbook; it looks like an older edition than mine: She said, “I picked it up because it made me think of you.” . . . Thanks, Nicole. J)
2 one-ounce squares, unsweetened chocolate
2 eggs, separated
4 cups milk
½ cup minute tapioca
2/3 cup sugar
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
Small carton Whipping cream
· Whip the cream and set aside in fridge.
· Grate the chocolate.
· In a large bowl, beat egg whites until stiff.
· In a small bowl, beat egg yolks slightly.
· Heat milk in a large saucepan to scalding.
· Whisk a little warmed milk into the beaten egg yolks. Then whisk more .
· Stir sugar, tapioca, and salt into hot milk.
· Whisk in the egg yolks- milk mixture.
· Keep stirring and bring pot to a boil quickly.
· Whisk hot mixture into the beaten egg whites.
· Stir in vanilla.
· Pour into a large bowl or into individual serving dishes.
· Serve warm with dollops of whipping cream.
LEFTOVERS: Reheat in microwave for breakfast. This pudding is not as good if it is cold.