We have a new favorite restaurant in Laredo!
SIETE BANDERAS BAR & GRILL: The" Shrimp on Mashed Potatoes" is supposed to be an appetizer but made a nice lunch dish. I swiped some of the fantastic sauce from my husband's order of Chile Rellenos to add to my mashed potatoes. VERY YUMMY!
We will definitely be back the next time we’re in Laredo.
We also enjoyed the shaded outdoor seating and were impressed with the shining bathrooms. The Ladies’ has a huge makeup room – very nice!
Today, we're having lunch at Carl's Jr and tonight, Bryan is going to make a pizza for Kepler. He has added thin crusts to his repertoire.
Thin & Crispy Crust Pizza Dough
From all the best pizzas by Joie Warner
1 envelope dry yeast (2 ½ tsp)
¼ tsp sugar
¾ cup lukewarm water
2 ½ cups flour
½ tsp salt
1 large egg
· Stir yeast and sugar into water. Let stand 5 – 7 minutes.
· Meanwhile, start oven preheating to 350 but turn off after one minute.
· Stir flour and salt together in a large mixing bowl.
· Lightly beat the egg. Stir in the yeast mixture.
· Add yeast mixture to flour and knead.
· Lightly brush the mixing bowl with olive oil. Turn dough around in it to oil all over.
· Cover with tea towel and let rise in oven for one hour.
· Brush the pizza pan with canola oil.
· Turn dough out onto pizza pan and pat out to fill the pan.
· Preheat oven to 500.
· Bake dressed pizza for 13 to 15 minutes until dough is golden brown at edges.