Bryan’s youngest sister, Colleen
L-R: Maureen, Bryan’s mother, Colleen, Donna
L-R: Jack, Sandra, Donna, Colleen, Tim (Colleen’s husband), Angela
DANISH ORANGE CAKE
Recipe by Mrs. L. B. Bagot (Lachine, Que.)
Chatelaine Presents 363 Home Tested Recipes, c1953
2 cups flour
1 tsp soda
1 orange, juice & rind
1 cup raisins
½ cup butter
1 cup sugar
¾ cup buttermilk
· Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
· Grease 9x9 pan.
· Blend together flour, soda, and salt.
· Squeeze orange. Reserve juice for icing.
· Chop the rest of the orange with raisins in food processor.
· Cream butter and sugar.
· Beat in eggs.
· Mix buttermilk into orange and raisins.
· Stir flour into batter alternately with buttermilk mixture.
· Bake for 45 minutes.
· Add 1 cup sugar to reserved orange juice.
· Pour over cake when taken out of oven.
Happy Birthday, Colleen!