This is a BIG EVENT so we left home just after 8 am, but there were already 4 long lines of cars at the ticket booths. We set up our chairs, bought coffees, then had fun checking out the Army/Air toys on display:
The first show started at 11 am with a mock ground battle that called in air assets:
I took only a few pictures – too busy squeaking every time the FireBirds swooped past in what looked like near midair collisions.
After a bit, my frazzled state required comfort.
Sooo good! In fact, a family favourite J CORN DOGS
½ cup flour
¼ cup cornmeal
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp baking soda
½ cup buttermilk
1 pound wieners
Oil for deep frying
Mustard & ketchup
1. Mix flour, cornmeal, salt, and baking powder.
2. Have tongs ready and a plate lined with a paper towel.
3. Beat egg and buttermilk and stir into cornmeal mixture.
4. Roll wieners in extra flour to coat.
5. Heat 2 inches of oil to 370 degrees. Don’t let the oil get too hot. (Test by dropping a bit of batter in it.)
6. Heat wieners in microwave (they will come out of the oil quickly so they won’t be hot through unless you precook them).
7. Dip wieners in the cornmeal mixture to coat.
8. Fry in hot oil until golden brown.
9. Transfer to paper-lined plate and serve hot with mustard and ketchup!