Wednesday 5 September 2012

BLUEBERRIES with ANASTASIA



My sister says that she still misses living in the country, and that she enjoys berry picking because it is one way for her to connect with nature.


Anastasia’s friends took her to this wonderful spot.


 Anastasia is a creative and wonderful cook so she will do lots of different things with the berries.


  Bryan and I brought home 15 cups of blueberries.   


That same day, we had BLUEBERRY CRISP with Vanilla Ice Cream.


The next morning -- BLUEBERRY PANCAKES.

  
 BLUEBERRY and BLACKBERRY COBBLER


Best of all:  BLUEBERRY PIE #1


                                   BLUEBERRY PIE # 2:  spiced with Cinnamon & Nutmeg

We had a wonderful time picking blueberries with you, Anastasia.  Thank you so much!

I’m thinking next year Blueberry Jam.

P.S.  Blueberry Vareniki:  Aug 29, 2012:  Aline wrote:
Today was a real scorcher.  Chay is here ror a few days and he wanted to do baking so I went on Suburban Grandma and got her blueberry perogies recipe.   Boy did Chay ever like them piled high with whipping cream. He helped make them and thought it was fun pinching.  The reason we made them was because I was not starting the oven today.  



3 comments:

  1. Nothing like fresh blueberries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These blueberries remind me of my childhood, when my mom and I would pick blueberries for verenyky (perogies). I think eating them right off the bush, was more fun than actually picking them....lol
    Thank you for trying out my blueberry varenyky recipe. I LOOOVE them with whipped cream as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ate all the biggest blueberries as I went along! Now anyone who goes for a walk with me has to be patient because I can't pass a blackberry bush without snatching a handful.

    Did you ever eat pincherries off a tree?

    ReplyDelete