Before the show, we explored a transport plane.
Kepler really did not want to leave the cockpit . . .
so he then raced ahead and, heedless of the lineup, right onto a helicopter.
The Bumper Boats were a nice distraction . . .
and he dove right into the Jump House.
The show started with a little stunt plane. Sometimes disappearing into its own smoke at the height of a climb, it plunged or rolled over and over again. Kepler LOVED it.
- Do not arrive early. You have to just stand around in the sun waiting for the gates to open at 11:00, and it was hot out (28 C).
Some smart people brought umbrellas.
2. Bring lots of water.
3. Buy tickets ahead of time. That lineup is much shorter.
4. Find out about tickets for the tents. It would be nice to sit in some shade and not have the view cut off.
5. There were lots of food tents including one that offered “Cajun Blackened Alligator on a Stick.”
There was no place to sit, however, unless you were in one of those tents or brought your own chair . . . in which case, if you hurried, you might even snag a shady spot under the wing of one of the big airplanes on display.
So we passed up the Carnival Food and went home to a delicious
from JELL-O Brand CLASSIC RECIPES
Graham Wafer crust in a 9 inch pan
½ cup chocolate sauce (or ganache)
1 ¾ cups cold milk
1 tbsp instant coffee
2 packages Jell-O Vanilla Instant Pudding
8 ounce tub Cool Whip topping, thawed
- Heat chocolate sauce and pour onto crust in pie plate. Put in freezer while preparing filling.
- Stir together coffee and milk in large bowl.
- Whisk in vanilla pudding powder.
- Stir in Cool Whip.
- Spoon into crust.
- Put in fridge for an hour before serving.
Look what happens!