So yes . . . put an Alaska cruise on your bucket list, folks. The HUBBARD GLACIER is something no one should miss!
Pack some books:
and we're on our way . . .
Humpy’s Great Alaskan Ale House
Who doesn’t need a hug after a nap?
On the Norwegian Sun: A wading pool and hot tub set apart for families: nice!
Nicole says: Afternoon Cocktails and Book Readin' with Grandma while "Wumpah" and Kepler get their beauty rest--one of my favourite daily events
Cruising into the bay
No empty space at the rails
- THE HUBBARD GLACIER
300 feet high; it growls and thunders as it calves
The time to serve vareniki (perogies) is before you go on a cruise. Afterwards, you’ll be delving into your cooking light recipes J.
PEROGIES, MUSHROOM & POTATO
½ pound mushrooms
8 ounce onion
3 tbsp butter
1 ½ tsp salt
¼ tsp thyme (or reduce this to a pinch as the flavor is strong)
½ tsp pepper
1 ½ pounds to 1 ¾ pounds potatoes
· Finely chop onions.
· Finely chop mushrooms in food processor.
· Saute onions in butter for 7 minutes until just beginning to brown.
· Add mushrooms, salt, thyme, and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
· Boil potatoes and put through ricer (or mash them).
· Stir mushrooms into the potatoes.
There is enough filling for one batch of very plump perogies: for DOUGH recipe & instructions see :
*Serve with steamed garlic sausage and sauerkraut salad. Yum!