Friday 11 July 2014

A DOG'S PLACE

 Coming back from our daily walk to McDonald’s, Bryan and I regularly stop at a greengrocery to pick up vegetables for the day.  While I go inside, Bryan and Vesper wait outside and enjoy lots of positive attention.  
  
Today, however, an older woman muttered, “Why don’t people leave their dogs at home?”

“Excuse me,” I said, surprising her, I guess.  “Do you have something you want to say?”

“No, I was talking to myself,” she responded, but then recovered her true self.  “But people should keep their dogs at home on a hot day.”


“They need exercise,” I said.

“Yes, but now it’s sitting outside in the heat.”

“It’s in the shade,” I pointed out.

 “It didn’t walk in the shade,” she retorted.

Hey, how do you argue with that?

**************

No comments:

Post a Comment