Sunday 10 March 2019

"Dad brought in the sourkraut" . . . and ROASTED SALMON


tonight or tomorrow.  

We went to the prayer for late John Leschyshyn they even had a book to put our names down which I thought was odd there was a lot of people thats maybe why they had names down perhaps to know who was down. 

You may think that it did not take long to make the chusions tops some I was able to make two in one day and it’s the ones that are made of gingham others I only made one a day but see I allways went to bed for an hour I didn’t even watch the edge of Night I don’t care much about it as you can catch up on it when you watch the next two or three times you don’t miss much

********




ROASTED SALMON:  so easy and sooooo delicious!

Salmon fillets with skin:  one for each serving (or plan to cut them in half for small portions)
Olive oil
Salt
Freshly ground pepper

1.     Preheat oven to 450.
2.     Brush skin side of fish with oil.  Place skin side down on a metal pan.
3.     Bake for 9 minutes until white juices begin to appear. 
4.     Cut into middle of thick part to check if fish is done.  A really thick piece may need to go back into the oven for 3 more minutes.

THAT’S IT!    Thanks, Lucy Waverman!


*********

Mom had a mandolin like this for shredding the cabbage for sauerkraut.  I hope someone still has it.





No comments:

Post a Comment