Sunday 26 August 2018

GARLIC . . . and Maple Syrup Salad Dressing



Blog Aug 31, 1987
The buses are not running every day like thy used to.  I don’t even know how to get to your place.  I will find out if from Birtle I could as there used to be more buses there than here.
My corn perhaps will be alright to use this week.  I picked some last week so Nicholas and me had a feed but it was not ready yet.
The onions you gave me were planted too late so there is a lot of top, not much bottom, need another month.  So is the garlic even it was planted end of April but didn’t come up till after the rains so it was too late.
I have finished knitting for this year unless I want to finish the yarn.  But I have two cushions to make, will cut them out and give to Aline to zigzag them.  And I got to crochet around the leather zippers.  Then I don’t know what I will do to keep myself busy.  If I am alright Tuesday will wash the kitchen walls and big window. 
It rained all day yesterday so no combining will be done for a while. 
George was supposed to call in on the way to Strathclair.  They all went to a horse sale – Matt and Douglas, too.  Douglas wants more horses.  So George may call in on the way back. 
Tomorrow morning I will dye my hair as it’s white at the roots.
It’s very cold today.  Helen phoned today asking if I heard whether it will freeze.  Mine froze last week. 

*******


*****

MAPLE SYRUP SALAD DRESSING with GARLIC

½ cup olive oil
2 green onions
½ cup parsley, cilantro, or basil
2 garlic cloves
1 lime: zest and juice
1 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 tsp salt
½ tsp pepper


Blend all in a food processor.   It looks thick but works great on a leafy salad with cucumbers.

*******

CAMILLA, DUCHESS OF CORNWALL speaking on MasterChef Australia:  “I hate to say this, but garlic.  Garlic is a no-no.”  

It’s not allowed in the Royal Family diet! 

LOL!

******

My cousin Vernon grows and sells organic garlic.


Organic Garlic is available from Zeevalley in Manitoba.

No comments:

Post a Comment