Thursday 17 December 2015

SEASON'S GREETINGS, Part 2: . . . and Citrus Salad


My cousin Gerald and his wife, Val  

Gerald and Val in Kauai (2014)

My cousin Pat and her husband, Ron


I don’t go into Facebook on a regular basis so I’m missing lots of wonderful Extended Family photos, but maybe next year.  For now, I want to just say hello to all my relatives.   

MERRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYONE!


From ELEANOR and BRYAN (down South)

******* 


Our bodies absorb only 2 to 20 % of iron from beans, cereals, and leafy greens.”

Recommended:  pair them with Vitamin C rich foods:   tomatoes, peppers, or citrus fruits and juices

And I just found this wonderful way to do just that!

Citrus Fruit & Lettuce Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing  (4)
     from People Magazine, Aug. 5, 2013

1 orange  or ½ Ruby Red grapefruit :  peeled, sliced, and cut in sections
1 avocado (optional)
Lettuce
Toasted sliced almonds

Dressing:
Juice of 1 lemon
¼ cup oil
1 tsp liquid honey
1 tsp salt
½ tsp pepper

1 tbsp poppy seeds (optional)




No comments:

Post a Comment