Thursday 3 December 2015

Dec 4, 1989 . . . and TUNA Pizza 2015

 Mom wrote to Diana from Saskatoon

Dec 4th 1989
        I was to Zellers today Eleanor took me I bought every thing except for the girls I was going to buy night gowns but Eleanor said they have enough Night wear she said to buy petticoats but there wast any the kind Eleanor thought they would like so she said we will go to some othere store I wasn’t going to be buying presents but time comes and I do.

        Eleanor going to have her children from School on Wed for pyrogies.  Eleanor said that some lady ask if I would sell pyrogies but I don’t want to.  I get tired doing them when I do that I don’t want to do much after for a while.








        Dec 10th
Yesterday Sat 9th Bryan took me shopping in the morning and after Lunch Eleanor and me went to Bays hardwear I bought myself 2 night gowns at have price so both of them cost me $15.00 


and I bought for Annettas birthday a sweat suit it was only 25% of but kids cloths go fast so they don’t have much discount.  


And bought Aline a cotton house coat.  There was a nice green dress but it was to big for me.  I don’t need dress but I liked it so I tried
        Eleanor baked today a Christmas cake and shes making something else its called mushroom turnovers but I got a goose in the oven so she only has the filling.
       
Lorne was home so brought us 2 wild geese we had one already and today we will have the othere as they don’t keep well in the freezer as they are soak a lot he brought two large chickens and steaks they are good.
        
        If you come for Christmas I will go back with you home stay at home a while till I get my things done then go to your place.
        I have a lot to take back as I didn’t send the Christmas present but take them with me.
        Keep cheerful as you allways do and keep happy by being yourself.  I did so can you I had children which demended a lot of help but I didn’t seem to have any time to myself.  Now I have but no dad so life is like that
        May I see you both soon

                Love Mother

                                              ********


TERRIFIC TUNA PIZZA,  our very own recipe 2015

INGREDIENTS FOR TOPPING

1 can tomato soup: 284 ml (or 10 ounces) :  No substitutes!
2 cans solid Albacore tuna in water : 170 g each (or 7 ounces each) : {Clover Leaf or President’s Choice)
½ cup chopped parsley
1 cup celery cut in one inch slivers (about 2 stalks of celery)
½ cup carrot cut in one inch slivers (about one small carrot)
1 tsp butter
¼ tsp hot Asian chili-garlic sauce
Salt
7 to 10 mushrooms (depending on size)
8 ounces white Cheddar cheese (grate it coarsely)
12 or more marinated Kalamata olives (not those dreadful dull black olives out of a can)

INGREDIENTS FOR PIZZA DOUGH

2 ½ tsp yeast (or one envelope)
1 tsp sugar
1 ¼ cup lukewarm water
2 tsp olive oil
2 ½ cups flour
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp marjoram

·         Set oven to Preheat to 350 for one minute only.  Then turn it off.
·         Stir sugar into lukewarm water.
·         Sprinkle yeast on top.  Let stand 5 minutes.
·         Put 2 cups flour into large mixing bowl. 
·         Stir in salt and marjoram.
·         Add oil to the yeast and water.
·         Stir into the flour.
·         Turn out onto floured surface and knead in remaining ½ cup flour.
·         Put dough into greased or oiled bowl.  Cover with tea towel.  Put in oven.  Let rise 1 hour.
·         Prepare the celery and carrot topping:  Melt butter in frying pan over medium heat and add chili-garlic sauce.  Then add celery and carrots.  Stir for about 3 minutes until they are tender crisp.  Sprinkle with salt to taste.  Set aside.
·         Slice the mushrooms thickly.  Set aside.
·         Grate the cheese coarsely.  Set aside.
·         Pit and slice olives in rounds.  Set aside.
·         Lightly oil a round, perforated pizza pan.
·         Turn risen dough out onto pizza pan and sprinkle lightly with flour so that you can spread dough with fingers to fill the pan.
·         Cover with tea towel.  Let rise in oven 30 min.
·         Take out pizza dough.  Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
·         Cook pizza dough 7 minutes.
·         Reduce oven temp to 450 when you take out dough.
·         Now  cover with toppings:
·         First spread lightly with tomato soup right to the edges.  (I don’t like bare pizza dough!)  It will take about half the can.
·         Drain the tuna.  Distribute chunks of it all over the pizza (right to the edge).
·         Sprinkle parsley all over.
·         Distribute cooked celery and carrot all over.
·         Distribute mushrooms all over.
·         Sprinkle cheese all over RIGHT TO THE EDGE!  Yes.
·         Sprinkle with olives.

·         Bake at 450 for 15 minutes.  Prepare to be amazed!

P.S.  Don’t substitute tomato sauce for the tomato soup!  You can have tomato sauce on a pizza any time.  This one is special.




No comments:

Post a Comment