Fri., Oct. 23: Delhi
Free day: Visit Hauz Khas
Sat., Oct. 24: Delhi: explore Old & New Delhi
Sun., Oct. 25: Visit Hindu temple
Drive to Agra: Evening: Optional live performance
Monday, Oct. 26: Agra: Taj Mahal, Agra Fort, Marble factory
Tuesday, Oct. 27: Fatehpur Sikri and drive to Ranthambore
Wednesday, Oct. 28: Ranthambore Park: 2 drives: AM & PM: look for Bengal Tiger
Thursday, Oct. 29: drive to Jaipur: Free PM or Cook with Local Family
Friday, Oct. 30: Jaipur: Amber Fort, Old City, Tripolia Bazaar, City Palace, Gem factory
Saturday, Oct. 31:
Varanasi: evening on banks of Ganges
Sunday, Nov. 1: Varanasi: Sunrise boat ride, Mother Teresa’s Mission, Sarnath,
Evening on banks of Ganges
Monday, Nov. 2: Delhi: Free PM: Visit Qutb Minar
Tuesday, Nov. 3: Arrive Vancouver: 9:10 AM
(These photos were taken about 1970.)
THE BEST CURRIED CHICKEN (based on recipe in Chatelaine: October, 1993)
8 to 10 pieces of chicken
1 tbsp canola oil
1 large onion
6 garlic cloves
2 tbsp water
2 inch piece fresh ginger root
2 (3 inch) cinnamon sticks
1 tbsp turmeric
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground cardamom
1 tsp cayenne
1 tsp salt
28 ounce can tomatoes
1. Remove fatty pieces of skin (but not all the skin).
2. Chop onions.
3. Chop garlic.
4. Chop ginger root.
5. Start preheating oven to 350.
6. Cut canned tomatoes in quarters.
7. Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onions and water.
8. Stir in all the spices.
9. Stir in the garlic and ginger.
10. Stir in the tomatoes and their liquid.
11. Add the chicken. Bring to a boil. Cover.
12. Transfer to oven and cook for 30 minutes.
13. Take off the cover and cook for 30 more minutes.
· To reheat, cover and put in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.
· Serve with rice, raita, chutney, and vegetable side dish(es).
This is SO easy and so GOOD I will have to make it again!