What did it take to make this super successful party?
Anastasia at the helm
A party room big enough for the kids to run around in
Loads of good food
including Macaroni and Cheese Casserole for the kids
Bohdan Zahny’s wonderful Spinach Babka would have fit in perfectly.
1 pound spinach
½ pound bread
1 cup milk
4 tbsp butter
1 tbsp sugar
¾ tsp salt
2 tbsp breadcrumbs
1. Wash spinach well and cut off stems.
2. Place in large pot. Pour over 2 cups boiling water and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes.
3. Drain and puree.
4. Preheat oven to 350.
5. Soak bread in milk.
6. Stir in melted butter, egg yolks, sugar, and salt.
7. Stir into spinach.
8. Beat the egg whites and fold into the spinach.
9. Butter a large casserole and sprinkle it with breadcrumbs.
10. Pour in spinach and bake for 50 minutes.