Usually, I really feel like cooking, but sometimes I don’t.
Here’s a great recipe for one of those less ambitious days.
It’s EASY to make and VERY GOOD to eat.
PORK GOULASH: 6 to 8 servings
2 pounds pork
2 garlic cloves
1 ½ tsp salt
½ cup tomato paste
2 tbsp paprika
½ tsp pepper
1 cup sauerkraut
½ cup sauerkraut liquid
1 tsp caraway seeds
½ cup sour cream
Broad egg noodles
· Cut pork into 1 inch cubes and put into Dutch oven.
· Chop onions and add to pork.
· Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
· Mince garlic and add to pork.
· Stir in salt, tomato paste, paprika, and pepper.
· Cover and cook for 1 hour in oven.
· Stir pork and return to oven for 30 more minutes.
· Remove from oven. Stir in sauerkraut, sauerkraut juice, and caraway seeds.
*Set aside until 45 minutes before serving.
* Preheat oven to 350.
* Heat pork in oven for 30 to 40 minutes.
* Meanwhile, boil large pot of water and cook egg noodles.
* Stir sour cream into pork and serve with noodles. Green beans are a good side dish.
Diana likes pork. “There are so many ways to cook it,” she said.