Saturday 29 June 2019

"I don't have anything to say" June, 1989 and . . . Mocktail # 3 or 4



To Diana:  From Mom in Shoal Lake:  June 2, 1989:  38 cent stamp
I was answering Eleanor so have time so I thought I should write you as I am leaving floor to wash for tomorrow.
Tomorrow I am going get a Perm.  I been invited to a shower for Sunday I still didn’t get no one to take me.  I asked Helen and she was saying she’s to busy besides she has to take her mother. 
                         (Helen's mother was my Tsyotsye:  Dad's sister._
  
Matt got today 40 more chickens they are 6 weeks old at 30 ¢ a chick so it was a good buy.

I sewed up all the blocks for Annetta quilt its like your small one only in pale colors pink blue light green.

Wed I was very tired I went 9 oclock to bed and slept 9 Thurs morning.   And yesterday went to bed early and got up early I didn’t go to bed this afternoon so I will go to early again
My garden is coming up but tonight saying it will freeze tonight I hope not.
That stub of a plant is plant in the soil as it had three roots and one stem it looks very good.  I put all the hanging plants up today so I only have one plant on the table so its nice.
I didnt wash the kitchen wall and the big picture window I will make sure I do that next week if it Bright I may do the window tomorrow morning as its quit splatered watering the plants it didn’t show when there were plants
The boys finished the seeding George was picking stones today


 and Matt was fenceing the pasture he has a problem with the bull he breaks all the fences.
I went to get asparagus there was not many but enough for me Shirley is taking them often Annetta love them so she cooks them for all at the same time its good because Matt & Douglas loves them too

It was very cloudy yesterday but it didn’t rain here it did at Georges & Donalds.  But we only get the cold and Dry.

Douglas hurt his right foot on Monday he was chasing the bull and stept on a stick rolled it and tore the lagadements but hes all right today he’s been around with his friend.
 I will close for now as I don’t have anything to say.
June 3rd
We had a very hard frost this morning but will see whethere it did much damage

I will Close now with best wishes for good health and happiness  Good Luck.  Love Mother




******

Bryan’s SOUTH SURREY PUNCH

2 oz strawberry-kiwi juice (not cocktail)
2 oz cranberry juice (not cocktail)
½ tsp rosemary infused syrup

Stir the above in a mixing glass.
Strain into an ice-filled highball glass.
Top with club soda.


Garnish: Rosemary sprig (optional)


No comments:

Post a Comment