Saturday 30 September 2017

HARVEST . . . Stadnyk family . . . and a huge loaf of UKRAINIAN RYE




John Stadnyk (my grandfather)
had six sons and one daughter:

Paul, Alec, Sam, Nick (my father), Fred, Steve, and Anastasia


Paul and Mary's children were

Teenie,  Bill, Mike, Verna, Elsie, and Sylvia


Teenie on the left with my mom, Mary Stadnyk

                                                 Teenie had 6 children:                                                               
Paul, Mike, Harry, Elsie, Andrew, and Pat


From left: Marion and my cousin Mike Showdra,                                                      my cousin Harry Showdra and his wife Audrey,                              
cousin Elsie (Showdra) Pulock and cousin Pat (Showdra) McLaughlin



This was a celebration in 2016 of Elsie's birthday.

 Teenie was my First Cousin and Pat is my first cousin, once removed.  

Mom and Teenie were close friends.

Thanks, Pat, for sharing the pictures of your family and the harvest.

**********

Olga Drozd has posted a number of Ukrainian bread recipes on the internet.  Thanks, Olga!

Bryan just made her Selianyn Khlib (Ukrainian Rustic Village Bread)



For Olga's recipe: 

http://www.ukrainianclassickitchen.ca/index.php?PHPSESSID=u30g2luohthehbeq7qq8vmi670&topic=7795.0

No comments:

Post a Comment