George was to the sale yesterday he bought dishes cabenit and a table he got it all for $5.00 it needs work but it can be nice when finished you be able to have them if you wish
George finished the plumbing here they are all fine they come every Sat going for bread to Shoal Lake so they stop here for a while a week a go they came all after Supper as Nestor was suppose to come but didn’t Nestor phoned told can’t make I didn’t ask why. George was to Grandview the boys were playing hockey so after hockey on way home they stoped at Wes and Marions place Marion fed the boys so that they would not eat cake & Ice cream here last Sat that was the day they were there. Larry is putting water works at his place so Wes & Marion had one of the twins to keep out the way the othere one was at the othere Granmas.
March 28, 77
George is sick Aline trying to persuade him to go and see the Doctor I hope she can she has ways so she may and a table fell on his toe whe he was helping to clear away the tables after (a) wedding it was bleeding a lot but he says its not very sore. George was down yesterday to pick up Lornie he said there was a fight at the wedding towards the end and a couple or so went to put corn flacks on bride & her husbands bed and had a big fight there P----- lad came back and George said that he had a spot bare on his head from some one pulling out the hair and a big bump on the head talk about fights in the country but city beats them all.
the men are working in Solsgirth. George works nights so he takes meals with him today they are seeding wheat there.
August 31, 1989
Aug 15, 1990
George brought me cranberries on Monday so I canned yesterday 11 quarts and 5 pints.
George was never interested in desserts, so I aimed for a main course recipe that would have pleased him. I found Stuffed Peppers in a restaurant in Ukraine and made some from Savelia Stechishin's cookbook, but this is my own spicier version -- a family favourite.
8 bell peppers: green, red, whatever
½ to 1 cup coarsely chopped Kalamata olives
½ cup chopped onion
½ to 1 cup finely chopped celery
1 pound ground beef
28 ounce can tomatoes (796 ml)
1 cup water
1 ½ to 2 teaspoons salt
2 to 3 teaspoons chili powder (not the hot cayenne stuff)
¼ tsp black pepper
½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 cup rice
About ½ cup grated Cheddar
· Chop the onion and celery and set aside.
· Chop the olives and set aside.
· Chop the tomatoes in a food processor.
· Start oven preheating to 325.
· Brown the beef with the onion and celery in a Dutch oven. Stir constantly.
· Add tomatoes, water, seasonings, olives, and rice to the meat. Bring to a boil.
· Cover and bake in oven for 45 minutes. Test to see if rice is done. Set aside. Turn off oven.
· Cut off tops of peppers and remove seeds.
· Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
· Put peppers into boiling water. Cover. Time 3 minutes as soon as they’re in the pot.
· Drain peppers and refresh in cold water. Drain again.
· Fill peppers with the rice. Put them in a 13x9 pan. Sprinkle on the cheddar.
· 40 minutes before you want to serve, start preheating oven to 350.
· Bake stuffed peppers for one-half hour. Do not cover them.