PARMESAN & TOMATO BISCOTTI
½ cup butter, softened
2 cups flour
½ tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp salt
¼ tsp sugar
1 tsp dried oregano
1 ½ tsp baking powder
1/3 cup grated Parmesan
¼ cup finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes
*If you have a Kitchen Aid mixer, put all the ingredients in it, and mix until it forms a dough. If you don’t have one, use the following procedure. DO NOT TRY TO MIX THE FLOUR IN WITH A HAND-MIXER.
· Grease a cookie sheet.
· Chop the tomatoes.
· Put butter, flour, garlic powder, salt, sugar, oregano, baking powder, and Parmesan into a food processor and pulse until well-mixed.
· Put eggs into a large bowl and beat.
· Add the sun-dried tomatoes.
· Stir in the flour mixture, one cup at a time. You may have to knead in the last of the flour to make a smooth dough.
AFTER THE DOUGH IS READY:
· Start oven preheating to 350.
· Divide the dough in half. Form each half into a 10-inch log. (Or you can make 4 logs that are each 5 inches long.)
· Place logs on cookie sheet. Keep them far apart.
· Bake for 25 minutes.
· Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes.
· Slice logs into ¾ inch pieces. Cut with a steady downward pressure; not a sawing one.
· Set slices, cut-side down, on the baking sheet. Bake for 8 minutes.
· Turn slices over and bake for another 8 minutes. Do not overbake.