Shannon and her father, Ed
“You cannot hide light or love.”
“Wealth begins with a wife.” . . . another Ukrainian proverb
Super special events must be matched with super special food:
Bohdan Zahny’s NOODLE & MUSHROOM STUFFING for ROAST DUCK
From: THE BEST OF UKRAINIAN CUISINE
1 pound mushrooms
3 tbsp butter
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
½ pound broad egg noodles (dried)
· Finely julienne or grate mushrooms (not in food processor).
· Finely chop onion.
· Fry onions and mushroom in butter for 10 minutes.
· Add salt, pepper, and chopped dill.
· Cook noodles. Let cool.
· Stir mushroom mixture into the noodles.
· Separate eggs. Beat egg whites until frothy. Then beat yolks in a different bowl.
· Stir yolks and then egg whites into the mushroom/noodles.
· Stuff duck loosely.
“Best stuffing ever,” declared my dinner guests.